Another milestone day. Was able to climb into the Bull (truck). It was a little more challenging than getting into a car or SUV and it made climbing into the RV a piece of cake, but it was definitely doable and will get easier with practice.
We've set a new goal: on Monday we will go down to the beach area and scope out the 3 campgrounds -- get a feel for the lay of the land to determine which has spots that newbies can get into, especially if the pull thrus are not available -- and hope to move out of the driveway on Tuesday. The only reason we stayed here was because I couldn't climb, but since that's not an issue now, there's no excuse to take advantage of my in-laws kindness any longer.
Moving forward and for the long term, I will need to rely heavily on Mitch for all the bending, and that will include mopping and vacuuming, and getting things out of bottom drawers (including my clothes), as well as lifting the 20 lb step stool every time I need to get in and out of the truck. Small stuff in the scheme of things.
On another note, I had to go to a vascular dr. today for an ultrasound to check for blood clots. Thank God everything is fine. Therapist noticed how very swollen my foot is (normal after surgery) and that I have a small, painful bruise on my ankle, so they just wanted to verify all is ok. Afterwards, another first since this whole ordeal, we went out to eat lunch at IHop. I brought my cushion along but was able to sit for a little while. Tomorrow night we have plans to see a theater show (Rocky Horror) and Sunday plan to have a nice dinner out with Fred & Twila. Hopefully I will be up to all this sitting.
I was glad that things are moving along. Take it easy though as I know how anxious you are to move forward and know how easy it would be to think "Just a little more." when probably you shouldn't. We all do that so have to focus really hard not to do that. Take care.
ReplyDelete