Friday, August 8, 2014

Day 45 of the Journey - Lynn Haven, FL

Note the change from Panama City back to Lynn Haven!  I was released from the rehab hospital today and am back at Fred & Twila's house. 

I can't believe it's only been a little over 10 days ago, when I was lying in bed crying because I wanted life to return to "normal" (as if there's such a thing). All my movements were made in fear that I would dislocate again and I wanted my movements to be part of the healing process instead. I need to give thanks to God, and to family and friends for their prayers and support to help me reach this day, which has finally arrived. Things are not quite normal yet, but I am well on my way; certainly now in the healing phase.  I'm hoping it can be as early as next weekend.

It's unclear what will happen after that.  I'm certain that I will be changed from home health care to outpatient PT.  In order to go to the rally in Sept in Goshen, IN, we would need to leave FL in 3 weeks.  To get to Raleigh by the High Holidays, we'd need to leave in 4 weeks.  As of today, I think both are a little ambitious and I'm also not sure how far along in PT I'll be.  Currently we are exploring spending the holidays in Myrtle Beach, SC which is a lot closer and thus buys us a little more time.  There's also a driving school 2 hours south of there (Charleston, SC).

Anyway, as plans tend to be made in jello, this will definitely be something we'll need to play by ear as the time gets closer. Right now focusing on doing my exercises to gain strength and balance.

1 comment:

  1. None of us know what tomorrow may bring so in reality, we are all in the same position. I cannot imagine the frustration one must feel when being physically unable to just move around, just take off on foot so that to me would be the most difficult. Since this had to happen, for what ever reason, at least you are in a place where you have a welcoming home and family members there for you and I know from your words that you appreciate that fact and those relatives and that the words can't touch your gratitude. Continue on your path. In our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.