I suppose I could view today as the next location on the journey -- I was moved from the hospital to a full service rehab facility (just a few blocks away).
Based on my posting from last week - about how every stop we make along the way has a purpose - this one is very well defined and probably the biggest stepping stone between having the surgery to correct the problem and getting back on my feet and resuming living in our home on wheels and traveling. It is at this stage where they will work me very hard in relearning all the movements I've come to take for granted; things like getting out of bed, using the toilet and shower, getting in and out of a car, even just walking. I expect to be here 7-10 days and then we shall see what happens next. But for now, this step of the journey is all about growth and recovery.
SO HAPPY to hear that you are on the other side of surgery and now you can finally be on your way back to good health and a hip that doesn't cause you constant problems. How does this surgery compare with your original hip replacement? I hope the pain isn't too bad and that you make steady improvement every day.
ReplyDeleteBest Wishes,
Carol