This has been a week of travel, and I am very grateful that with all the movement in and out of the car, I did not dislocate my hip again!
On Tuesday (last posting), an additional trip was made to the hospital outpatient services for an EKG and more lab work.
The visit to the hematologist confirmed that I had severe anemia and he ordered an iron infusion (all day on Thursday) and a blood transfusion (almost all day today). He is certain this is all caused by the gastric bypass I had in 2008 (body doesn't absorb iron) and I will need to have an infusion every 12-18 months for the rest of my life. He also ordered me to take B-12 shots which I will also always need to do. Mitch is administering them to me. He did his first one today and I didn't feel a thing. He said it hurt him more than it hurt me!
Anyway, hopefully all I have been through this week will pay off and I will be able to have the surgery on Tuesday to fix my hip so that I can once again move freely and provide a much more interesting adventure log!
And one more time - can't say it enough - soooo grateful to Fred & Twila for letting us stay here and also for being able to use their brand new "baby" - the SUV - to get around in as the other car is too low. We can't use the "bull" because it is parked at a weird angle in the driveway and if we unhitch it, we will never be able to hitch it back up, because we need a straight path and there is no room to do that. I just hope we'll be able to drive the beast out of the driveway when the time comes! But that's a worry for another day.
So, let's play the "glad game". I'm not sure if you are a fan of Disney's Pollyanna and if not you won't understand but I am glad that at least they can identify your issues so that they can prescribe to you a way to be better, glad you didn't dislocate your hip again and glad that you can pick yourself up and keep going thankful that things aren't any worse and glad that you can keep your eye on the goal without giving up! Take care.
ReplyDeleteWhat a first month!! It can only get better. I'll be looking for your post that says you've had your surgery and are on your way to recovery.
ReplyDeleteBest Wishes.