I suspect location will be here for quite a while. I am so incredibly grateful for the support of Fred & Twila; I don't know what I would do without them.
Still not much in terms of my recovery, as I'm not in recovery phase yet. While I do need to get up and keep the blood circulating, every step I take is a risk of popping out the hip again and I don't feel confident that "being careful" is enough, although that's my only option. I meet with the orthopedic surgeon again next Monday, at which point he will probably schedule surgery.
Meanwhile - the beast: it took 2 days but the mobile tech from Good Sam finally found the 1" bolt that was missing from the slide and was able to fix that problem. We also discovered the house batteries were dead. Mitch took them to a battery store where they refused to sell him a new set. "Did you check the water level?" No. Well, they're bone dry. Lesson: you need to check and maintain batteries that aren't maintenance free!
They also tried to reposition the beast to get it out of the backyard. Success finally came about 4 hours later and after removing the fence. Is there any other way we can turn these dear folks lives upside down?
Mitch did go out on a job today at least. I have work to do but am not really getting as much done as I should. I hope my client understands.
I was quite happy. I actually FOUND the problem with the slide myself, before the tech made it here, and was quite happy that it did successfully solve the problem..
ReplyDeleteNext question.
How do TWO 3/4 inch locking bolts BOTH fall off a piston slide at the same time?
May never know...