Thursday, July 3, 2014

Day 10 of the Journey - Lynn Haven, FL

This day was truly another adventure.  Although yesterday I posted that Mitch wanted to leave between 3 and 6 am, we woke up at 7, but still wanted to get as early a start as possible.  But plans are made in jello... I DISLOCATED MY HIP AGAIN (the last time was Easter Sunday, and before that was July 6, 2012.  Hip replacement was 2010).  It was really quite amazing how the ambulance guys were able to get me out from the bedroom, down the bedroom stairs, around the galley counter and down the rig steps.  This is becoming a chronic condition -- I do plan to speak with my orthopedist next week and figure out what can be done other than wearing a brace full time.  I cannot live like this!

The hip was reset and we left the hospital around 3:00.  Fortunately we were still in the Walmart parking lot and never unhitched the truck (that would have been disastrous, as I'm in no condition to navigate or drive).  We did manage to get to Fred & Twila's house in Lynn Haven (about 3.5 hrs away).  Mitch never inflated the air bags in the suspension so it was quite a bumpy ride.  Turns out the street was very narrow.  I have no clue how he did it, but with guidance, he got thru the house gate and parked in the back yard.  There's a tree in the middle of the yard, which offered up it's branches and caused some scratches in the new paint.  It's parked at such an awkward angle, though.  We have no clue how we're going to get it back out.  But that's a worry for next week.

We found that the electric wasn't working, but it was getting late and dark.  We were invited to sleep in the guest room inside the house and deal with all the problems in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.