Sunday, July 13, 2014

Day 19 of the Journey - Lynn Haven, FL

UPDATE:  It took a while to get started, but Mitch did come through and cleaned almost everything up.  Still not perfect by my standards, and probably not to our hosts' standards either, but at least it's 1000% better than it was this morning.
______________


I find myself sitting on the pity pot today - depression is settling in, due to a combination of boredom mixed with complete helplessness and frustration.  Other than my hourly walks around the house, which last about 10-15 mins, I am still terrified to move, which includes even sitting on any chair in the house.  I also see this place, which is not ours, going to pot, as my husband is not the best housekeeper and although he means well, I really do need to nag at him to pick things up, wash them off (including his spills which he allegedly doesn't see), remove his clutter, etc, etc etc.  Normally, I would just clean up after him when I saw that he is too distracted to do it himself, but I am not in any condition to do so.  So I have to keep asking, and that only gets him more frustrated, since he's already taking care of me (by cooking, tightening my brace and pretty much playing fetch).  Our very gracious hosts are out of town for a week visiting their daughter (it was a surprise, so I couldn't mention it earlier).  I'm just so nervous that they will come back home to a pig sty.  It's bad enough that almost all our belongings (clothes & food) have been brought in from the CoW to the house, but they are not in any semblance of order and are laying all over the place.  I just wish I could bend and twist and put things away (then again, I'd be on the road, living my new adventure if that were the case).  I ask Mitch, but he just gets very frustrated and angry when I make any suggestions.

So back on the pity pot for the rest of the day....

6 comments:

  1. I sure understand and feel your frustration. I can't stand living in chaos either. Try to hold it together...it's got to get better soon. What a miserable way to start your next chapter. I hope you can get your revision done sooner rather than later and then be on the road...literally...to a permanent recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol,
      Thank you for all of your wondering and inspirational comments. I'm sorry that it took this long to acknowledge your kind words!
      Cheryl

      Delete
  2. I can feel your frustration and you are obviously overwhelmed. I know what that is like and I live it. You basically do the best that you can and make sure those around you realize that you are having trouble more with the situation and the feelings of helplessness than you are with any of them. Keep reminding yourself that this current situation will resolve itself and when you look back, it won't seem near the disaster that you see it as now. The hip problem is major but the other stuff, I am sure everyone understands as it sounds like you are surrounded by some good people that are probably a lot more worried about your health than stuff everywhere. So take care of yourself and everything else will work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right, Carol: I AM surrounded by people who care about me and it is ME making mountains into molehills and worrying about the things that really don't need to be worried about! Still, when you're in someone else's house, you should make every effort to keep it as clean as possible.

      BTW, what is your screen name on RV Dreams?

      Delete
    2. Oops, you have a Carol and a Cathy. I left RV Dreams but my screenname was "SnowGypsy" and we had a couple private messages while I was there and an email under my married name which I limit access to on open forums for the most part. And, most of our husbands don't see those things that we generally take care of. While reading your post aloud to my husband, I was shaking my finger at him nodding in agreement with what you were saying. I am sure some men aren't like that but I have yet to come across any having sons, brother and a vast array of other male relatives. What I figured out was "IF one doesn't acknowledge something is out of place, wrong, banging underneath the car, one doesn't have to worry about it." I have a lot of stories to go along with my determination of that statement. And, it looks like you are trying your best, which is all anyone can do, to keep the house in the best shape that you can. I can imagine what it looks like with the extra stuff and it is a scientific fact that such surrounding cause one to be depressed but still do what you can do and try to distract yourself from it the rest of the time. Most important is your health and when that is in line, you can make up for time lost. As you know, being stressed is not good for your health or the well-being of those around you. Having been on the Dreamer's forum with you for some time, I know that you will come out of this ready to take on the world. Cathy

      Delete
  3. Hi Cheryl,

    My RV Dreams screen name is Galtgirl (we lived in a town called Galt when I first started using the internet and posting on Yahoo boards).

    I am very fortunate as I'm married to a very neat, organized guy. He doesn't leave a trail and we both hate clutter. He does turn a blind eye to things that need cleaning however; bathroom sinks, kitchen counters, dishes in the sink etc. I think it's just not on their radar and it doesn't bother them so they have no interest in cleaning. Now their precious trucks are a different matter...his baby gets a bath and vacuum every week!!

    Hope your appointment went well today. I fell in my guest room last night trying to find something and crashed my shoulder into an closet door, so I am really hurting today. Just lucky I didn't break any bones.

    Keep us posted on how you're doing.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.