Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 20 of the Journey - Lynn Haven, FL

I saw the orthopedic surgeon today.  He is very confident that the revision surgery in which they will replace the liner and put in a larger head as well as a lip, will give me the stability I need.  He is hoping not to find muscle damage or that the stem needs replacing.

Surgery is scheduled for a week from tomorrow - Tuesday, July 22nd.  I have an appt at the hospital on Friday for pre-op testing.

Getting in and out of the car today was the most terrifying action this week, as the seat was low and I had to twist and bend my leg to get it to fit in the short space.

Since there is nothing really adventurous to report these days, I may take a break from posting unless I really have something important or interesting to share.

Thank you all (y'all) for being here for me!  Your kind words continue to guide me.

2 comments:

  1. Do keep us posted on your progress and are prayers and thoughts are with you. Fingers crossed for best possible outcome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's "YOU" time. Tell Mitch exactly what you need and want. I'm sure he's worried sick about you...men have a hard time showing us sometimes. So glad you are going to get it fixed. I'll pray for a quick recovery for you.
    I am facing back surgery sometime before next Spring and I'm definitely not looking forward to it, but if I want to have a chance to be able to sit for extended periods of time I'm going to have to do it.
    Enough about me...take extra good care of yourself and don't worry about anything.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.