Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day 22 of the Journey - Lynn Haven, FL

Mitch is out and about running a bunch of shopping errands.  Not sure if I mentioned that on the day he was backing the CoW into his brother's back yard, he drove under a tree with low branches and put quite a few holes and tears into the newly resealed roof.  Fortunately, it is fixable with a certain kind of roof patch, and there are tons of RV places down here to buy it.

I also have him looking for a boat cushion; it's a kind of pillow that doesn't sink in when you sit on it.  Most chairs are too low for me to sit in, as I can't bend my knee and can't go down more than 90 degrees and when I use a regular pillow, I sink into it.  I had one when I had my hip replaced 4 years ago, but got rid of it during the purging process.

Our hosts are returning some time tomorrow, so I will also pull out the whip (figuratively) on Mitch to get rid of all the clutter that needs to go back to the CoW, to scrub the counters, wash the dishes (he's been doing that anyway), and sweep & mop the floors.  I plan to inspect his work, so watch out Mitch if it doesn't meet my high standards!  I can't wait to be back living in my new, smaller, easier to keep clean home on wheels!

The only other item of major inconvenience I'm dealing with right now is a newly formed bed sore on my buttocks which is getting progressively worse (it's about a Stage 2.5).  I do get up out of bed every hour and walk around the house for at least 15-20 minutes at a time, but I guess the sore formed during the rest periods in between and at night, when I can only lie on my back so as not to rotate my leg/hip (which in and of itself is a major inconvenience since I'm a very restless sleeper - tossing and turning all night).  We've been treating it with Bacitracin but it hasn't helped.  I called the doctor's office.  Apparently they can write an order to have a home health care wound specialist come out to the house to assess it and prescribe the appropriate treatment.  Now it's just a matter of getting the dr's office to actually write out that order.  They do take their dear sweet time doing things and I guess since it's not a life or death emergency, the end of the day is good enough for them.  Sigh.  Patience my dear!

2 comments:

  1. Compared with our primary care dr's in NJ (all in ONE HUGE Building ,with about 450 drs in the practice in that building0, and about 15 satellite locations I am really not thrilled with this practice down here. If we had been in NJ, our simply mentioning it to the PA or the nurse would have gotten an immediate referral. Here, it's like pulling teeth, and monday they said (I quote..) "We'll note it in the file. 2 days later it's worse, and it took nearly 6 hrs from initial call at practice, to a call back, and by that time they were ready to close, so no appointment for cheryl till Thursday.
    Well ALL I F#**^#in wanted was something STRONGER then Bacitracin to put on her gauze pad. That took 6 hrs plus another damned day? wow. I am VERY FRUSTRATED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that this is turning out like it is but you have come across the biggest advantage of RVing for me, the ability (usually but not yet in your case) to drive away. Some places are much worse than others across the board. Many areas are used to having more than enough business so if you don't like it, the next guy comes along so they just don't care. I was in and worked around the military for a long time and it is very difficult for me to put up with incompetence which your case is because there is a potential for serious consequences. I was told once that I was a totally different person when not tied down to S/B since I don't feel trapped and know I don't have to deal with IT! Dealing with it makes me, well, not so popular. Hope to see a resolution to all of this soon.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.