Evergreen / Owassa, AL
We pulled out of the Walmart parking lot at 8:00 and drove about 130 miles. Mitch is at the crux of an upper respiratory infection/bronchitis so I had to do all the driving in fear that he would have a coughing attack while behind the wheel (he looks and feels like crap). It was again a difficult drive at times due to the rain. Because we've used up 1 tank of propane already and probably 1/2 of the other tank, Mitch wanted to stay in a campground with hookups so we didn't have to run the generator for power or heat. We found a place here in the middle of absolute nowhere that takes Passport America, which is 50% off. It looks like a large empty field right now because there aren't many campers here, but it appears there are probably at least 100 sites. There's a bathhouse and club house, and a few rusted washing machines, but otherwise not much else. The closest supermarket is 8 miles away and there are no stores or houses in sight. While walking to the dumpster (about 1/10th mile away on the other side of the campground), all I could hear was the sound of birds. Very nice and peaceful!I'm very grateful that we pulled into the park (Owassa Lakeside RV Park) when there was a break in the rain. About 1/2 hour after we set up, the sky opened. It was dark and just plain yucky out.
About an hour later, we noticed there was a puddle near the refrigerator. Then it started to turn into a flood. We found a very local RV tech who gave Mitch some suggestions and thought it may just be a lost end cap on the roof and the water was from the rain. Indeed, once the rain stopped, so did the dripping. If it's not raining in the morning, Mitch will go up on the roof to investigate. Otherwise the tech will come by. Looks like we may stay here at least another day. We'll get to Houston when we get there. I don't want the pressure, especially if I'm doing all the driving in the rain and traffic.
Not to mention that while Mitch is at the crux of his illness, I feel the same thing coming on, so I'm at the beginning.
I was going to end this on a fun note by sharing 2 photos: a giant peach that we passed when entering GA, and the sign saying "Sweet Home Alabama" when we crossed the border into the state. But alas, I don't have the pics downloaded yet and I don't want to hold up posting this.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.