Monday, December 12, 2016

Made it to Houston - Day 903 (Yr 3, Day 170)

Houston, TX

Will probably see this heading for a little while now.

Although neither of us are fully recovered, I was able to help out with the driving.  We did it in 3 shifts: Mitch first 60 miles, then me for 60, then Mitch for the last 55.  We left the truck stop at 7:30 and arrived at the campground at noon.  With the help of someone from the office to guide us, it only took 15 minutes to back in.

This campground is brand new -- it only opened a few weeks ago (and we therefore got an amazing grand opening special price).  The company actually has 12 properties in the Houston area -- all top of the line RV resorts.  This place is all concrete so I can easily ride my urb-e around (which I'll need to since it's so humongous, with about 225 sites).  It has a heated pool and hot tub which people use all year, a fully equipped exercise room, rec center, business center, club house, commercial laundry, and an area where one could grill or have a fire (if they didn't have their own equipment).  Not only is there a dog walk, but a free dog WASH!!! (large stainless steel sink with hoses on the side, for those who don't have bathtubs in their rigs).  The place is fairly empty right now; not sure if it's because of the season or the fact that word hasn't gotten out yet.  But I'm actually hoping we get to stay a long time-ish.

Yes, I promise to write all about New Orleans this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.