Thursday, December 1, 2016

Last day in Raleigh - Day 892 (Yr 3, Day 159)

Raleigh, NC

Feeling kind of melancholy.  For a change, I don't have "hitch itch."  Perhaps it's because we were on the road every day for 2 weeks, and we've only been here 2 weeks.  Plus I don't feel I had enough time to spend with the kids, and we didn't go to nearly all the places we wanted to.  I'm also not looking forward to being in travel mode again for the next 2 weeks again either.  But such is the lifestyle and it will certainly be much better when we can retire and choose where and when we travel.

I had the echo cardiogram yesterday.  I won't have the results back until early next week, but the tech assured me that if she saw anything blatantly wrong and worrisome, she would have had the cardiologist read it right away and wouldn't have let me leave.  So I'm sure all is good.  Also interesting -- I don't believe in coincidences; I believe in divine providence and miracles.  Well, it was a bit annoying last week when I had to make this appointment and had to wait almost a week for the insurance authorization and an opening.  Turns out that from Monday until yesterday, there were many severe storms, including over 30 tornadoes (sadly, a few deaths) that went right through the areas we will be traveling in.  If we had left a few days earlier, we would have been caught in that.

Anyway, it is now 6:30 am.  I got up a little early to write this and do a bit of client work before finishing the packing up and hitting the road.  As I mentioned in a previous post, we're doing this all serendipitously - no plans.  We'll just find a place to park when we're ready to quit for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.