Myrtle Beach, SC
Mitch's sister Doris, who is an expert fisherwoman, gave us some excellent tips on the phone (thank you!!!), so we made another attempt at casting. We all agreed that for now, our focus is learning how to hold the rod and use the reel and when we've mastered that, then we can worry about catching fish (and learning what lures and bait to use). So we went out to the lake and practiced again today. We did much, much better thanks to the great tips. We only had to untangle the line 3 times but casted more times than I can count. We also found a great video on Youtube which had a few more tips, so we can't wait to get out again tomorrow and practice some more.On another note, the 2 clients who were going to send me more work finally came through late this afternoon, so I'll be pretty busy this week. I just need to remember that as long as I get the work done, I don't have to be in front of the computer during "normal business hours." If I want to fish or shop or explore, then I have to be prepared to work at night instead of relaxing and watching tv.
Lastly, I read a post on one of my RV forums from someone who was having problems finding a place to stay in Ft. Myers, FL in February. Uh oh - I plan to be in that area the first week. I learned that Jan to March is peak season in that area (I thought it was further south). So I started doing my research and of the 20 places I found, I have 14 confirmations that they are sold out and am waiting for a response back from the other 6. I'm getting a little nervous now but learning there are some places you really have to make reservations for way in advance. Problem is that means I have to have my schedule planned out in advance as well and I really don't want to think things out that far ahead. I like to have a rough idea but I'd like serendipity to come into the picture too. I'm sure I'll learn how to balance that at some point.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.