Saturday, December 13, 2014

Shabbat, relaxing day -Yr 1, Day 171

Myrtle Beach, SC
Thursday night was a holiday pot luck and gift exchange at the rec center.  I think me and Mitch were the youngest ones there!  It was called for 6:00.  We got there at 6:10 and almost everyone was done eating.  We brought vegetarian chili and rice and the gift we brought were some of our hand harvested pecans with a nut cracker.  I got a lavender bath set.  Very pretty, but I really don't have much use for it.

Didn't do anything special yesterday (Friday) except prepare for Shabbat.  My 2 clients still didn't give me what I need.  Still had some tuna steaks left and since they came out so delicious last week, we set up the grill again.  Yum!

Today we decided to stay home and not go to shul.  The weather continues to hold up, so we brought our prayer books to a table by the lake where there was much inspiration - and a few distractions by a fish that kept jumping up out of the water (and back in, of course).  Just wait til we go fishing, Mr. Fish!  We know where you live now!

When I was finished, I noticed that my neighbors across the way were outside, so I decided to stop by and chat.  I learned that they are French Canadians (from Quebec) and come down here from Oct to April.   Then there was a man fishing by the lake so I stopped to watch him for a while.  He didn't seem to want to chat so I left him alone and just observed.  He didn't seem to be doing anything like the book says, but he didn't catch anything either.

Mitch and I then sat outside for a while and ate lunch outside, too.  We had some Shabbat "l'chaims" (the moonshine), so I was feeling very good for a while.  We had our afternoon nap, took a walk to the beach and returned to read for about an hour until sundown.  I dislike the severe rushing around to start Shabbat on time on Friday, but I do like that it ends early.

Tomorrow we have some errands and I really want to try to fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.