Sunday, December 14, 2014

Attempt at fishing - Yr 1, Day 172

Myrtle Beach, SC

The day got started pretty late.  We spent from 11am to 1pm re-reading the Guide to Fishing and watching numerous videos and then stringing the rod.  We ran out for some quick groceries, returned around 2:00, put the groceries away, grabbed the fishing rod and went over to the lake.  Just like learning how to back our rig into a space, this fishing stuff is going to take practice, practice, practice!  We both had a chance to cast about 3 times before we lost the hook and lure.  Didn't have another one on hand so we called it a day.  In between each casting, the string kept getting tangled as it was too loose around the reel.  I don't think we've really figured out how the rod & reel work.  It would be nice if we can find someone to show us, as obviously the videos aren't helping.  I can see, however, how this can be very addictive once you get the hang of it.  You just want to keep casting in hopes that the next time you'll catch something!

2 comments:

  1. Now you know why I love it.
    Sorry you didn't mention this when I saw you - I would have shown you what to do and how to set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you look into hiring a local fishing guide?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.