Myrtle Beach, SC
The highlight of the morning was Mitch replacing the seal in the toilet, which involved removing the toilet from the base and a lot of other handyman stuff. I have to admit I'm very proud of him! Recall that for a while the bowl wasn't holding water. We had an RV repair person look at it in Raleigh. He ordered a part, which allegedly was wrong and there wasn't time for him to reorder. Mitch went to Camping World, bought the part he needed, followed printed directions, took it apart and after 2 hours, had it all working just right. He was really pissed because the "repair" person not only DID have the right part,but he had absolutely no clue what he was doing! He didn't even take the toilet apart the right way. Mitch discovered this when he did it the right way and recalled watching the "repair" guy doing it (or not doing it).
 |
Everything taken apart
|
 |
Look! The new seal!
|
Meanwhile, I needed to use the restroom really badly. Fortunately, there is a public facility about a block away which I ran to (and just made it). On my way back, I saw a fellow fishing at the lake, so I decided to have a chat with him. He told me the lake (1 of 5 in this campground) is brackish, which means it mixes with the ocean which is a block away, and therefore a lot of the fish there are from the ocean. He said there was a wide variety of fish, but predominantly you can find flounder, bass, shrimp and crabs, as well as minnows which most people use for bait. Well, I've wanted to learn how to fish for a while, but hearing there's flounder and bass to be had right at our doorstep (remember how blessed we were with the pecans?) I decided now is as good a time as any to start learning. We had to go out for groceries anyway, so stopped at Walmart and bought a starter kit (rod, reel and lures). Their selection was
huge - I guess that makes sense since it's a beach and lake area. I also bought a book called "Beginners Guide to Fishing." Can't wait to learn. We'll have to stop at the office to buy a license, though.
Oh, another photo of the geese presuming to own the place:
It was very nice outside for a little while and I decided to take my office outside. Next time I think I'll sit at one of the empty picnic tables by the lake instead.
Good for Mitch getting the toilet fixed! I like your new office. I hope you catch some big ones! I see a fresh fish dinner in your future!
ReplyDeleteI suspect sometime in the very DISTANT future. I looked at the beginner's book and OMG - so much to learn!!! Not only what each lure is for, but how to position it, how to tie it on, even how to cast. Maybe I can find someone at the cg who's willing to give us a lesson or 2. Then again, Mitch has proven himself useful in figuring out instruction manuals.
Delete