It started out cloudy and foggy. I was a bit upset because the weatherman said it would be a bright, sunny, warm day. He was half right, as it finally did turn out to be nice at around noon.
After doing a little bit of client work this morning, we went to our favorite home away from home synagogue (Chabad of Cary) where they have a Lunch & Learn program (bible study). This week's topic was on the meaning of the open prayer of Yom Kippur (Kol Nidre) which absolves us of the vows we make from this year to next. Very interesting stuff.
Next, we visited the famous Raleigh Farmer's Market. We've been there a few times before. We wanted to buy some homemade preserves and real, non-commercialized honey which is in abundance there. It was a really tough choice. We did lots of tasting but at $5.00+ for jam and $8.00+ for honey, we didn't want to indulge in more than 1 each. We ended up buying apricot jalapeno preserves, tulip honey and a lovely bruschetta salsa. We also needed some fresh veggies and bought farm fresh zucchini, tomatoes, a huge onion, beets, a butternut squash and some sweet corn. Also some peaches. There is such a huge difference between the stuff the farmers bring straight from the farm to the market versus what you buy in the supermarket from the commercial farms.
I've been getting pretty lax about doing my exercises every day, but I do continue to take at least 2, sometimes 3 walks a day. Mitch joins me for our after dinner walk. I like to check out the other RVs and hope to find people to talk to, but mostly I'm unsuccessful at that. It seems that the more I walk, the more my other leg has been bothering me (it also has arthritis which is getting worse). My repaired hip is doing very well though. Still a bit of discomfort after walking, but improving all the same.
Looks like you are adjusting well to your new life / home.
ReplyDelete