Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Day 90 of the Journey - Raleigh, NC

After wearing nothing but shorts and flip flops for the past 3 months, it was quite a change having to wear long pants and a sweatshirt today.  It was actually COLD!  I suppose it's to be expected on the first day of autumn.

Nothing too exciting to report today.  Shopping day mostly.  We started out going to the nearest Camping World, about 20 miles away as there were some supplies we needed that weren't sold in the RV section of Walmart (1 more mat for the outside steps as the last place only had 3; clear elbow for the sewer hose; a water pressure regulator, and a special antenna so we can watch tv when the campground doesn't have cable).  I've been looking for some nice coasters to replace the cardboard ones I bought in the dollar store, and found a nice plastic set.  I also found a tailgate chair.  I've never actually seen this before, but it was just so perfect for my needs, I had to have it.   Because of my hip problems, it is very difficult for me to sit on a regular camping chair because it is low (I need to sit on 2 cushions to raise it up high enough) and also it is too soft and floppy, making it very difficult to get up from.  This chair has very sturdy metal legs and body and is raised up much higher than a camping chair.  Now I feel happy that I can comfortably sit outdoors without being afraid.

Afterwards we went to Target so I could buy more jeans.  I only have 1 pair but after losing weight, they are 2 sizes too large and constantly falling down.  And since I was planning to be back in NJ in August to clear out the storage locker where my fall and winter clothes are, I needed something to tide me over.

We then stopped for lunch at Mitch's favorite place in Raleigh - Noodles & Co.  Then I went to Supercuts for a cut & color while he went next door to Harris Teeter for groceries.  Fortunately, we avoided having to go to Trader Joes, although that is one of our favorite places so we'll plan on going within the next week or 2.

When we returned, I unpacked everything and Mitch went up on the roof to install the antenna.  Tv - yay!  Ok, very limited, but still something to watch if we want, especially the news.

Oh - we opened and tasted this AWESOME drink which Mitch bought at a Hess station in South Carolina.  Gotta love the redneck packaging!  I'm told now that SC is known for their odd booze.  This stuff is apple cider moonshine, but like the name suggests, it does taste like a piece of apple pie, even though you feel the heat going down!  It's 28 proof. Gotta stock up on this stuff next time we're down there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.