Today we had our RV driving lessons. What a long, exhausting but very productive day. Jim Miller, From RV Basic Training LLC was our instructor. He arrived at 9:00am and we finished at 4:00pm. We spent the first 1 1/2 hours doing "classroom" type stuff - talking about driving techniques and all sorts of safety issues. Then we went out driving.
Jim chose a new subdivision (an area where houses to be built are under construction). There were a lot of windy roads and turns, but plenty of areas where we could angle the RV to pretend we were backing into a spot. It was very, very hard work and although we learned the principles and basics, we were far from mastering anything. It will take lots and lots and lots of practice to learn how to hitch and park this thing quickly.
I have to confess that I had a slight meltdown and threw in the towel after a while. Background: if I got a 99% on a test, I would beat myself up for not getting 100. I put too high expectations on myself. So when I tried and tried and tried and just couldn't do it (back in), frustration took its hold and I just quit for the rest of the day. Fortunately Mitch had far more patience and pushed himself to figure it out.
Very early to bed (8:00). We want to get up at 5:30 and hit the road by 7, to head up to Raleigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.