Friday, March 24, 2017

Turtle! Day 1003 (Year 3, Day 271)

Lexington, NC

Not a lot to report, but just wanted to remind myself of an observation I made while taking my daily stroll around the lake.  The crane (although it  might actually be a heron) was sitting on the dock, some ducks were swimming around in the water, and then I saw a giant turtle also swimming!!  I've only seen turtles that size at the zoo or aquarium.  I love nature!

I'm currently preparing for Shabbat, which for a while again (except in 2 weeks when we visit Raleigh/Cary for Passover for the weekend), will be spent in isolation.  Mitch is working today (he's trying to work 10 hr days and have Fridays off) so I'm on challah duty.  I'm sure it will taste great, but he's had a lot more practice with the braiding.  At least for prayer time tonight and tomorrow, assuming weather holds out, we'll have a scenic and spiritually uplifting place to sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.