Lexington, NC
Fortunately, not too far - just to the other side of of the campground, although from pack-up time to setting up again, it was 2 hours; most of which time was spent backing into the spot, with the help of 2 people. Although it's a HUGE site, the actual area where the RV rests is tightly squeezed between the electric pole and a tree, so it took a bit of maneuvering.The reason for the move was that a monthly site became available unexpectedly (interestingly, we also got a call from a different campground reporting they now had a site as well. But it's not as nice (no lake) so we decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth.
We're now in the woodsy section as opposed to lakefront, although very close to the pool which I hope to enjoy a few times before we leave. I miss the view, but at least the price is about 1/3 of what we were paying on the weekly site, and we can have this as long as we need (the other site we had to vacate on May 25th). Many people either leave their rvs here all year and return during the season, or they reserve a specific site and retur n to it. I'm told this coming weekend is opening time, so I guess thepeace and quiet days may be coming to an end. That's ok - I have this craving to be around people.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.