Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Sister Mindy - Yr 1, Day 226

Naples, FL

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail here, but I met up with my sister Mindy whom I haven't seen for about 10 years.  In our earlier adult lives and through our child raising days, we had been in and out of touch - mostly out.  We've been communicating a lot more lately via Facebook and it was really wonderful to be able to see her in person again.  It was like all the years melted away.

I have to say that Mindy suffers from such a wide range of debilitating medical conditions (some of which have put her near death a few times), and I really admire her strength, spirit and courage.  Spending time with her, you'd never guess how sick she really is.  I'm not sure I could ever endure what she has and not sit on the pity pot all day and night.  I didn't realize how much I missed her and it was great spending time.  I just wish I could spend even more.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.