Monday, February 9, 2015

Rainy day - Yr 1, Day 231

Arcadia, FL

I forgot to note that our drive yesterday took us for about 35 miles through prime farmland - a few farms with lots of cows grazing in the fields, and then miles and miles of orange groves!  I've never seen that before - only passed through miles of corn or wheat fields.  Very pretty (did you know that orange trees are not very tall?  They look more like bushes).

Today was the 2nd day of the rally.  We were going to have a few seminars, which we started at 10:00.  But then it started to rain, and it continued to do so allllll day (sometimes light, sometimes really heavy).  Since all activities are outside, we had to call it quits so everyone went their own way.  I took advantage of the time and did some client work which needed to be done today anyway, so at least I wasn't feeling pressured and guilty about taking the time off.

Before heading off to work, I stopped by to visit with Kelly and Bill (and Cocoa and the kitties).  I took another break aroun 4:00 and visited my next door neighbor, Aurora Borealis (DawnRaye).  We had a lovely visit until my client texted me.

We did have another sewer smell problem again - another night I had to cover my nose and keep the air freshener on my face.  At least we're in a place where we're learning all about tanks, and there are some veterans that could help us troubleshoot.  I sent an email to Howard & Linda (the organizers and our mentors) hoping they could shed some light.  Rather than emailing us back, they came over in the pouring rain to help us figure it out!!!  If that isn't awesome, I don't know what is.  They suggested that the smell was coming from the p-trap of the washing machine drain - something to do with not enough water being in there (the water keeps the odors out).  We added water and stuffed a rag in the opening, so we'll see if it gets any better.

We also noticed another problem -- the corner of the bed under the fantastic fan was wet - clearly we have a little leak.  Hopefully it's something that can be fixed either by caulking or it may be a worn or misaligned gasket.

The weather is supposed to be fantastic for the rest of the week.  Tomorrow morning is a community breakfast and then some seminars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.