Sunday, February 8, 2015

Rally! Day 230

Arcadia, FL

What an awesome day this turned out to be! The weather was really nice (70s) and it was an easy one hour drive.  Actually-- it was a little challenging getting hitched and out of the site.  We needed help from the staff to guide us.  I hope to never have to stay in a place that's so tight on space!

Arriving here at the Turner Agri Civic Center was a real wonderful change of pace from the crowded campgrounds we've been in.  Here are some photos of the wide open space (even a little pond out our back window):





All set up:


Mitch was a happy camper not having to set up the sewer and water.  We'll see how happy he is when our tanks get full!  He spent a few hours after we arrived replacing the cable to the wifi ranger (up on the roof).  I had some client work to do.

I was excited to meet Kelly & Bill and it was great to see Bill & Bev, and Howard & Linda again.  We chatted for a little while.  At 5:00, there was a hot dog dinner (we brought our own veggie dogs), where we all sat in a huge circle, followed by a planning discussion.  For example, it was decided that tomorrow morning we'll have 2 seminars: on tanks and batteries.  Tuesday night is a pot luck dinner and Saturday night is chili (we'll bring the veggie chili).  Thursday a lot of people are going paddling in canoes & kayaks, but since I have difficulty lowering my body (can't go below a 90 degree angle), I can't really get into the boat without risk.  I guess that can be a good work or rest day.  We'll see.

I'm having a great time so far and really happy to be here!  Everyone is so friendly and it's great to be able to just go up to folks, introduce yourself and start a conversation.  I'm very hesitant to do that at a campground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.