Arcadia, FL
Last post was Thursday, but I have nothing to report for Friday or Saturday. They were very quiet days and we didn't do much. Work was slow, so mostly I puttered around inside while Mitch continued to putter outside. The weather continued to be beautiful and we hung around outside as much as we could - soaking in the rays and Vitamin D.Mitch did manage to finally fix the problem of the gray tank odor which started when we arrived at the rally. He opened some kind of valve under the bathroom sink, added water and closed it, and that seemed to do the trick.
On Saturday, after praying outside and our daily naps, there was a woodcarver's show at the Civic Center so we decided to walk over and check it out (there was no admission fee and we left our wallets behind so as not to be tempted to buy anything on Shabbat -- it was look only). There were many very talented artists who carved a wide spectrum of items -- from pipes to elaborate canes, to awesome furniture out of trees. Being there brought back nostalgic memories from the days when we were candle makers and traveled these types of juried craft shows. Not something I want to do again -- too old and tired for that now.
Today the temps were in the 80s. We ran out to Walmart and a hardware store as Mitch needed a few things. I found a runner and some pillows I thought would work, but when I put them up, I didn't like them. So back to Walmart tomorrow to return them.
We had a really special treat late in the afternoon. From out of nowhere, a huge black cloud hovered over and then it started downpouring. After about 5 minutes, the sun came back out while it continued to pour. Not sure what got into me, but rather than running inside, I decided to dance in the rain! Well, not actually dance, but moved around in a circle with my arms in the air, getting soaked and having fun doing it. A few minutes later, an amazing, full then double rainbow appeared in the sky. It seemed to be so close -- just at the end of the field, and you could literally SEE both ends where it met the ground. It was tempting to run over there and find the pots of gold! (but reality is we knew it was only the way the light was refracting and it would disappear as we approached it). As always, my camera isn't good enough so I wasn't able to get the entire rainbow in the picture. In the 2nd photo, you have to look really, really hard to see the double rainbow (several feet above the first one -- you may find it by starting on the right side, halfway between the top of the photo and the brighter rainbow)
A little while later, I went back outside to watch the sun set and was overwhelmed (in a wonderful way) by the aroma of freshly rained on grass. You'd think I was trying to get high the way I was inhaling so strongly.
So Mother Nature really gave us some very sweet gifts today. I am feeling very grateful.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.