Friday, February 13, 2015

Nice day, another problem- Yr 1, Day 235

Arcadia, FL

Yesterday turned out to be a lovely day.  I finished my work around 1:30 but had a client conference call at 2, so I decided to take a little walk to see if anyone was around who didn't go on the paddling trip.  I found Maria who had to stay behind with the pups.  She invited us in and showed off her rig.  To say she makes a lot of crafts is by far an understatement... it's just amazing all the incredible stuff she does and her level of talent is professional artist, although she does not do this for a living.  Due to her talent, it's incredible how she modified and organized the rig, especially inside the closets and drawers.  I can't even begin to describe how impressed I am.

I returned back from the call, which only lasted about 1/2 hr.  It was a nice day and the rest of my work was done, so I decided to sit outside with a book and soak in some sun, while Mitch was outside organizing all the stuff that he had taken out of the basement and truck.  Folks started to return from the trip, including DawnRaye, who invited me next door.  We hung around there for a while, and Bev came and joined us as well.  In the meantime, Greg also returned and installed the new transfer switch.  That problem is now resolved!  Greg, Bill, Craig, Paul, Ron and Jerry have all  been so generously helpful.

At 5:30 we headed over to the meeting area for some schmoozing.  Mitch brought a jug of homemade SPICY Bloody Marys (I couldn't drink it -- too spicy for my liking), but I brought a glass of wine.  We had a wonderful campfire going and we hung around until about 8:30 before turning in for the night.

TODAY'S PROBLEM DU JOUR....  discovered that we didn't have any water.  The fresh tank says we're still 1/3 full, and it appears that our water pump has died.  Mitch mentioned this to Jerry and before we knew it, Craig was over here trying to help trouble shoot.  We're all pretty sure the water pump is no good so we'll have to figure out what to do from here (maybe find an RV tech who can come out to replace it, unless someone here knows how to do it, and it'll be another trip down to Ft. Myers to buy a new one).

Plans for the rest of the day:  community breakFEAST at 10, followed by a seminar on how to find good boondocking places, then a water bladder demo.  We need to go to Walmart for a few things, deal with the water pump issue.  Not sure how we're going to handle Shabbat - most likely we'll be breaking a bunch of rules (such as putting on the generator, cooking early so I can make the vegetarian chili for tomorrow's cookout).  I will grill up the tuna steaks early.  We'll see... I don't know why I'm trying to plan all this right now.  I suspect it's going to be a "go with the flow" kind of day.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys are learning a lot and having a lot of fun too! You need to put those new boondocking skills to use! We didn't make any plans in TX so far or AZ (where we're headed next). We have found plenty of beautiful state parks (and even 1 free FHU park) that have been fairly empty! We've been pleasantly surprised so far. I check up on the websites from time to time just to make sure they aren't getting full just in case. Sure you can usually stay only up to 2 weeks, but by then its not so bad to dump the tanks and either stay longer or move to another great state park which is usually not far away. Agree with you on FL though, we made resos for most of it, but did find some great parks more inland not full.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.