Arcadia, FL
Yesterday was a stay at home & work day. Mitch ran out to Ft. Myers (50 miles away) to pick up the part he needed to fix the transfer switch. Greg promised to help install it this afternoon. The daily activity was golfing, so many folks were gone. Otherwise, Kelly & Jo came by to see the rig (which was in a total state of disarray, not vacuumed or washed down, or bedspread on). Tracy also came by for a quick visit but I didn't really get to spend much time with her.Towards the evening, I went to retrieve our fire pit from Howard & Linda. I had forgotten they were having a campfire meeting so it was in use. On the way back to the rig, I ran into Maria (with Ron who helped with the electric stuff) walking her dogs, so we took a long walk together. The sky was so awesome. Again, the photo doesn't do it any justice:
Today is a big paddling trip down the Peace River nearby. Unfortunately, due to my hip limitations, I can't go as the boat is too low to get into or out of easily. Greg is supposed to come by later anyway, and I really need to find a place to stay after the rally! We're actually toying with the idea of staying alone here -- waiting for a response from the civic center as to whether they'll let us (yes, if there are no other events). They do have full hookups which are disabled during the rally (otherwise, what's the point of learning to boondock?) I'm still having a lot of trouble finding a place in or near Clearwater, so I need to revisit my thinking of where we want to be for the rest of Feb to middle of March when we go to Raleigh. I really don't want to head back up north as it gets colder and I'm kind of liking the 70 degree days, but it all depends on where we can stay. Note to self: make plans and reservations way in advance if coming to FL (also TX and AZ) during the winter.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.