Pompano Beach, FL
I truly have been very, very busy with client stuff so no time to write much the last few days.I had a little issue with my driver's license in that it was suspended. I learned about this last Thursday. Apparently, when I renewed my registration back in Dec for the truck, I had to send proof of insurance. The insurance denied that I had the policy!! After lots of back & forth, it was discovered that in the VIN # on the registration had a sequence of #s that included a 05 (zero), but my insurance card had it listed as O5 (letter O). I got it corrected and DMV finally unsuspended me. This is good because Mitch had to do all the driving yesterday from Jacksonville to Titusville. At least I was able to help with the driving today from Titusville to Pompano Beach.
I also want to stop here and count my blessings again for our dream come true. There was a huge storm in the northeast (blizzard dropping about a foot of snow in NJ). The last 3 years we hoped it would be our last having to shovel that 4 letter word beginning with an s, and we are so happy we are now in a warmer place and not having to deal with it.
It was an uneventful drive, thank goodness. We did stop at a very nice rest area and walked around for a while.
The campground is another story. Huge, huge place and the spaces are literally right on top of each other. To prove a point, this is a picture outside my window. The guy next door can barely open his door:
It is a very busy place. Lots of people were out walking or bike riding. They have a heated outdoor pool and we saw quite a few people walking around in bathing suits. Mind you, it was only about 70 degrees and I (as well as a few other folks) wore a long sleeve shirt or sweater. The suit folks must have been the Canadians!
Tomorrow I am going to meet an old friend from HS (Lisa). Her son suffers from cancer and has been hospitalized again. Looks like the plans will be to drive her there (an hour away; she doesn't have a car), and maybe take her shopping. At least we'll get to spend some time with her, even if its not in a fun way. And it feels good being able to help someone in need.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.