Jacksonville, FL
Things were much calmer now, after a good night's rest, and learning that we are in very good hands. The dealer/repair center we went to -- Dick Gores of Jacksonville - is just absolutely amazing and treated us like royalty. They are going so above and beyond the call of duty for us, even doing things like painting the chipped or missing paint on the truck. The list of what they've been doing for us beyond the repairs they have to make is extensive and I'm a bit tired right now. But suffice it to say, I'm feeling really great. If we have to be in this situation, at least we know we're being well taken care of.They also fixed the truck - it was indeed the alternator. Hopefully this one will be good.
We'll probably leave the hotel tomorrow and go to a cheaper place. We were told the repairs would take at least 2 weeks, and at the $200 a day allotment, we'll be at our $2K limit in 10 days, so I think we should be frugal and spend as little as possible in case we need more time.
We're also going to St. Augustine from Sunday to Tuesday and we'll stay in a hotel down there. I sent some mail ahead to meet us at the campground, which includes my medication, so we may take a trip over there on Thursday to pick that up (can't wait until the weekend as I run out tomorrow).
Looks like you are in good hands, Cheryl. So glad all is well!
ReplyDelete