Jacksonville, FL
Thank goodness for insurance. The cost of repairs is ... drum roll.... $16,530. Fortunately, we're only responsible for $1100 of it (plus the $550 we paid for a new alternator and oil change), but wow.Got hit with a bit of deadline client stuff so didn't make it to the campground to pick up our mail and meds. Tomorrow I have a meeting at 11:00 and it'll be Shabbat, so I doubt we'll make it then either. Hopefully I can last until Sunday. It's only sleep medicine, so the worst case is I'll be awake for a few nights. Nothing life threatening - except to Mitch because I feel murderous when I'm cranky and sleep deprived!
We did change hotels today (from a Hyatt suites to a Red Roof Inn). It's decent and basic (and $50/night cheaper), but it will be a miracle if we don't kill each other living in this really, really small space for a few weeks, especially regarding my need to work without noise or interference, and how I freak out over clutter, which is 1000x more pronounced in an enclosed area with no storage space.
I have to remind myself that it's all part of the journey. And how much sweeter it will be when we return home. And to count our blessings that at least we will have a home to return to.
Yikes! Thank goodness for insurance!! For Mitch's sake, I hope you find a way to the pharmacy :-) Hopefully the repairs will go smoothly and you'll be back in, good as new, before you know it!
ReplyDelete