Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Productive day - Yr 1, Day 289

Raleigh, NC

We were not able to get an RV technician to come to fix the underbelly.  The other person said this was the busiest season of the year and there are only 3 people in the area with at least a 2 week waiting list.  So Paul (as in Paul and Ada; the folks here with the DRV who workamp in the national parks -- Paul is a retired auto mechanic) and Mitch got underneath and rigged something up that would hold it in place tightly enough to get us to the next destination.  The 2nd rally at the end of May is being held at a campground that's part of a huge dealer/repair facility (Tom Johnsons of Marion, NC).  We are making arrangements for them to repair the slide and wanted to bring it in early so they can get the warranty process started and have enough time to order whatever parts they might need in advance of our being there (the 1st rally starts 4/26 in Seiverville, TN which is only 125 miles away).  We called them and reported not only the underbelly problem but that we still have a leak somewhere within the septic system as the horrible odor is back again.  They said we could come in at 8am on Wednesday and they'd take a look and see what they could do.  So the plan right now is to drive to Marion (215 miles) on Tuesday and park overnight there.  Then...???  it all depends on how much time they'll need -- will it be several days or can they do whatever in a few hours.  Fortunately there are a lot of campgrounds in the area (as well as theirs) where we can stay until we figure out plans until the rally.

This evening I had a girl's shopping night out with Jess.  Tomorrow is her 30th birthday (when did that happen - I'm still 18, aren't I?)  She picked me up, as Mitch was tired from all the work he did, plus his phone isn't working and he needed to troubleshoot.  We started off by taking Ellie to the dog park.  It's the first time I've been to one and it was really a riot, especially watching this tiny little corgi pup playing with all the huge dogs!  I found it to be very amusing.

We then had some dinner at her house and then went out shopping to World Market and Pier One Imports, still in search of that perfect teal pillow.  I found it!!!  I also found nice teal placemats and pretty, plastic wine glasses which I've also been looking for.  I now feel complete for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Mitch Butts in, (and sez:)

    And of course the pillows are glorious. The (plastic), yet very elegant wine glasses she bought are exquisite, yet somewhat expensive. I asked what she paid, and (sigh), I shouldn't have questioned the price she paid for the elegance...but being the STUPID M*A*L*E* (boy) that I am, did question it, and sorely stuck my foot firmly in my mouth!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.