Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Passover shopping - still Day 282

Raleigh, NC

I have to say that I really miss shopping for kosher, especially kosher for Passover foods in NJ.  There is a fairly large Jewish community here in Raleigh/Cary and someone recommended a specific Harris Teeter that had "the best selection."  I'm really afraid to see what all the other supermarkets had because all this one had was a 4' wide shelf with matza (1 brand only), small boxes of matza meal, a few jars of gefilte fish, jelly rings and macaroons -- stereotype foods, not something Jews need to eat during these 8 days. I really do miss Shoprite Kosher Experience and the place down in Lakewood, NJ!  At least we got the matza and we'll eat lots of veggies.  We'll have to improvise for other stuff like butter and oil for cooking.

We landed up finding a set of pots & pans for $15 plus one 10" frying pan (the set only had an 6" one which is way too small to do anything besides cook 1 egg in), so whether we plan to keep it or give it away, it was cheap enough not to worry.  It all fits in a smallish box so we will have room to store it -- probably under the bed.

We're still in search of those teal pillow cases and checked out a few stores.  Found some but they weren't quite what we wanted, so the search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.