Arcadia, FL
Yes, back here at our favorite wide open field, but only for an overnight. In addition to the pouring, sky opening rain when we were picking up the rig, there was much to do, and we didn't want to hit the road, especially without any solid plans, that late in the day. We figured we probably wouldn't get more than about 50 miles away and would end up at Walmart or a truck stop. It just made more sense to stay at a place with full hookups, do what we needed to do, and get an early start.So when we went to pick up the RV, we were told that they could not resolve 1 of the problems, which was the faulty water pump. Recall ours went caput during the boondocking rally. They sold one to Mitch, which he installed himself. It worked for a few days and then it stopped working: it would be on for about 5 seconds and then stop. The tech suggested a few possibilities but when we went to pick it up, apparently they ran out of time. They made it very clear that they were very busy with lots of other emergencies and just didn't have time to finish our job (they did say that had they installed it instead of Mitch, they would have been forced to fix the problem under their warranty). NOTE: Horizons Coach in Arcadia. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!!! Hopefully the pin box and leaky tank were fixed correctly, so I won't have any problems with the quality of their work. However, although I do totally understand things from their point of view (understaffed and too much work), unlike Dick Gore RV where we felt pampered and like we were their only customer, here we were made to feel very much the opposite - like they really couldn't care less about our problems. We should have realized that a month ago when it took them a week just to come out and look at the problem and even more time to schedule the install even though they knew when the part would arrive.
So the bottom line with regard to the water pump is that they gave us a new one that Mitch is going to install today and we'll keep our fingers crossed that the problem is a faulty pump rather than something wrong with the system. If it is indeed the system, we just won't be able to boondock or stay in any campground without a water hookup until we can get it to another repair place.
When we arrived back here, we also practiced our backing up skills. Mitch was able to park in 15 minutes. I had much more trouble than I expected and started reaching my heavy frustration / giving up level and asked Mitch to direct me into the spot. That was difficult, too, as I couldn't hear him and I couldn't read his hand signals. I'm sure we'll get the hang of it with a bit more practice.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.