Raleigh, NC
It was exciting to see my daughter and her husband again, and meet our new grandpuppy, Ellie (corgi, who is now 5 months old). She is just so incredibly cute and affectionate. She couldn't stop washing my face! She does require a lot of energy and attention, just like a toddler and I have to remember that every time I get puppy fever. Better to have a grandpuppy that I can return to its parents when I get tired! Still, it's fun to spend time with her (and the kids, too, of course!)We took 2 long walks today. The 2nd time, we saw another Mobile Suites and the owner was outside, so we stopped to chat. Paul and Ada are extremely nice (of course, we haven't met anyone who isn't yet). They retired and have been full timing since 2007, and mostly volunteer in National Parks. We're supposed to meet Hank & Selene who we met on RVillage, but we keep missing each other. Maybe tomorrow.....
UPDATE: Hank and Selena came over. We do have quite a bit in common - they are also RV-Dreamers and have attended a few of Howard & Linda's rallies (almost were going to go to the one in May with us, but had to cancel). Hank is also an old "Ma Bell" person so he and Mitch were talking tech for quite a while! They lived in quite a few places, but mostly not to far from Raleigh. Been full timing since 2012.
Meanwhile, we're planning to go to a rather unique restaurant tonight, so I hope to post some good pics later or tomorrow. Otherwise, it was mostly a work day for us. The campground has emptied out considerably; I wish there were this many available spots when we arrived.
That puppy is adorable. OMG..how can you resist having one? I've always had dogs; usually 2 at a time so I can't imagine life without them.
ReplyDeleteNice that you are able to visit with your kids. Have fun!