Raleigh, NC
We started the morning meeting with the technician, the project manager and his boss, to show us the damage they were talking about. All I can say is "wow." There really was no way that this would have shown up on an inspection, but the fact that all that rotting was caused by a water leak which was fixed at some point, means that the previous owner must have known about the problem. Unfortunately, there's no way to prove it, and it's water under the bridge. Life goes on and so must we.It was decided that this is our HOME. We worked and prayed too hard over the past 4 years to get to this point. This is/was our dream, and we can't let a financial setback cause us to give it up. We were very much aware that there would be repairs along the way. We just didn't expect them to all happen so close together! The same thing could happen with a new car, or even buying a new home. We're very fortunate that we have a nest egg to pull from and that we don't have to take out a loan or put in a situation where we have to sell it for a fraction of what we paid and get an apartment somewhere.
The bad news is that timewise, they're talking weeks. For now, Jessica and Griffin are being very gracious and allowing us to stay with them for a little while until we can find somewhere else to stay. We can't afford a hotel for that long.
There is, however, a silver lining... remember how Mitch is going to be starting a new job? I don't remember what day I posted it, but to recap, it's with a national gas pipeline company who was looking for RV'ers to inspect their gas lines all over the country. He was going to start training in Raleigh after the rally (June 1st) and then start his assignment in Asheville, NC. Since we're in Raleigh already, he let them know and they decided to let him start the training next week!
Gosh, Cheryl, I have been reading but not knowing what to say. I do believe that God tests heavily those with the most faith. I am glad that you have come to a decision and are not being defeated which I am sure you would feel if you gave up at this point. You two are in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDelete