Raleigh, NC
I need to keep a positive attitude and find silver linings in every situation.This hotel is very depressing. When I go outside of my room, I feel like I'm living in "the projects." This is not so much a hotel, as an efficiency apartment complex designed for welfare families. I also can't keep the curtains open for natural sunlight, as people walk by all the time and tend to look in. Unfortunately, the next step up is at the Hyatt at $119/night, so we have no other options. My attitude here is to be non-judgemental. G-d forbid I can be in the same situation! This is also only temporary. The room itself is adequate and we can cook our meals without having to eat out.
Also on a positive note is that we can celebrate Shavout with the community. Shavout is the celebration of the giving our our Torah (the Bible) and the time when we officially became a Jewish nation - entering into a convenant with our Creator. It's a very important holiday, and if we had been at the rally, there would have been no way to celebrate it. During the worship services, we hear the 10 Commandments being read, and need to imagine we were at the foot of Mt. Sinai hearing them directly from God, as our ancestors did.
Another positive is that we are getting to spend time with our daughter, son-in-law and grandpuppy (who I've grown very attached to and miss very much).
We celebrated Shabbat on Friday with our new Cary friends, Lara and Paul and their kids Coby (17) and Mason (11). The newest fad here in Cary is owning chickens for eggs. This family is one that purchased a few. It was very interesting watching these "dudes" as they called them.
So we shall see what this Memorial Day weekend brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.