Williamsburg, VA
On Saturday, Mitch and I actually did follow through on the plans (click to see the previous post) to make the hike up the nature trail and go swimming. It was 85 degrees, so perfect swimming weather. We were surprised to find that we had this enormous pool all to ourselves! After swimming, we hung out in the "activity center" which was a pretty cool place: it was a room filled with all kinds of games - from billard tables, knock-hockey and a foosball table, to life-sized Connect Four and Checkers. Plus a bunch of board games (and, of course, a number of tables and chairs). After a few hours, we hiked back to our site. Oddly enough, we found hiking down the hill a bit more difficult than hiking up. Perhaps because we had to use different muscles.Sunday was another day in the 80's (we didn't do anything special that day) so we were convinced that spring had bypassed us, other than the trees starting to fill out nicely and colorful flowers and bushes popping up all over the place (maybe Sunday we'll go back to Colonial Williamsburg to the gardens area. Must be lovely right about now). Well... this was not to be the case. On Monday morning, we woke up to temps in the high 30's and I had to change back to heat pump, fireplace and space heater. Highs were in the 60s. It looks like this pattern will continue for the next week or two, so, yes -- Spring has arrived. The 2 days of summer were only a tease.
On another note, G-d willing, we are planning a special vacation later this year to celebrate our 40th anniversary, and do a renewal of vows. We've been doing a lot of research and have finally narrowed down the choices to several all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica. This travel will require passports and I discovered that mine expires this year in June, so I need to renew mine (Mitch's doesn't expire until 2022). Today I went to have my passport photos taken so I can mail in the application tomorrow. I smiled for the camera and was told "no, you can't smile. They have special requirements and it has to be like a mug shot." Ok, here's my mug shot. All that's missing are the numbers and a striped uniform!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.