Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Seders and goodbye URB-e's - Day 1389 (Year 4, Day 295)

Williamsburg, VA

First, we got the truck back on Monday afternoon.  Glad to have it working again!  Part was only a few hundred $, but with all the labor of taking the engine apart, it was still over a grand.

We took the loaner truck down to Norfolk.  We stayed at the EconoLodge near the airport, about 7 miles away from the shul.  What a total dump, but I guess you get what you pay for.  Anything closer was about $125/night (this was $49).  Services themselves were enjoyable and the food was delicious (totally went off my diet with all the matza and gefilte fish!)  I did not really find the congregation members to be especially welcoming to strangers.  But who knows -- maybe there were so many strangers there, that the regulars didn't know who to welcome first?  And the rabbi apologized for not having time to spend with us personally as he was extremely busy with all the seder preparations.  I probably would give the place another try at a less busy time, if we were in the area.  Not planning to travel there again from W'burg.

We were finally able to find a buyer for the urb-es and we handed them off yesterday.  One last photo to remember them by (collapsed):


It just didn't make sense to keep them since I'm mostly afraid of riding it anywhere (having some balance issues) and Mitch is hardly using his for work any more.  These days they're just taking up more space than being used, and the cash is better off in our pockets.

Still no news about our next move (we were supposed to be here until mid to end of March.  Yeah, right!)  Actually, the main section of the campground is open now and very crowded, whereas this section has emptied out a bit.  My neighbors on both sides have left, which means I have more scenery to view out of my windows instead of other RVs.  I do like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.