Raleigh, NC
I didn't mention yesterday that Mitch's project du joir was fixing the toilet. For a while, it hasn't been able to hold water in the bowl, and we suspected the seal needed replacing again. He spent a few hours taking the thing apart, cleaning it and replacing the seal. Unfortunately, this morning, not only was it still not holding water, but it was leaking when we flushed. He suspected that he didn't put the toilet back on the stand properly, or something was misaligned, so he spent another few hours today taking it apart and putting it back together. IT WORKED!!! Water in the bowl again!We also treated ourselves to something special today - a total rig and truck wash! It was one of the many items on Mitch's to-do list, but yesterday we saw a company out here washing other rigs and decided since they work in the area and have much more efficient equipment (and people) than we do, it was worth the investment ($175 for both plus the awning). They did an amazing job and now "the Beast" looks brand new again. The Dakotas added a lot of mud and dust, and the drive added a lot of squashed bugs. I learned that the owner's wife and daughter clean the inside of rigs, so I'm thinking of maybe hiring them to get to the nitty gritty areas I can't reach and make all the woodwork sparkle again. I always to the basic cleaning, but, let's face it, I don't polish the closet doors or dust under the sink and stuff like that. It would be nice for the inside to sparkle like new again too.
I've always loved this campground and it's amazing how really wonderful it is now when it's mostly empty. We're in the same premises as the horse complex where lots of training and tournaments go on all the time. One of these days, maybe we can spend some time and watch. It'd be almost like a rodeo.
The work day ended on a really great note -- a surprise visit from Jessica and Ellie! I didn't think we'd see them until tomorrow as she had an appointment after work, but she decided to visit for a short while. Ellie seemed to enjoy running around in the wide open field while we talked. It was awesome!
Another thing that was really awesome -- Jessica just returned from a wedding which took place in our old neighborhood in NJ. She visited some of our old haunts (including the house) and our favorite bagel store where Mitch used to buy his breakfast -- a salt breadstick -- almost every day. Jess went to visit there and the owner (Lori) not only remembered us (after almost 3 years) but remembered Mitch's "usual" order and sold one to her to give to him!!! I have to remember to call there tomorrow morning and thank her. So here's a shout out to FANWOOD BAGELS.
What a nice day with your daughter! And what a DEAL on getting the rig and trailer washed!
ReplyDelete