Sunday, November 20, 2016

A little scare - Day 881 (Yr 3, Day 148)

Raleigh, NC

In my last post, I mentioned how I wasn't feeling very well.  To be honest, it was pretty scary.  I had some pain in my arm, tingling in my legs, spasms in my lower back, heart palpitations, and kept feeling very light headed, like I was about to pass out.  For the past month or so, I've been getting this light headedness, and severe pain in my calves.  Although I didn't have pain in my chest, I read about silent heart attacks in which that symptom might be absent.  The way I was feeling in shul was extremely scary -- I knew something was amiss.  I was prepared to go to the ER after services, but I thought it would be best to just go home and rest.  That did seem to help and I felt a bit better the rest of the day.

Unfortunately, in the evening, the pain in my arm and the light headedness returned.  I had already arranged to see a doctor on Tuesday morning, but at 11:00 I decided that maybe, in case it was something serious, it didn't make sense to wait, especially since I do get symptoms at night while I'm asleep.  So we went to the ER.

It was empty and I was taken in right away.  They ran an EKG, did a chest x-ray and took some blood.  After waiting and waiting and waiting, finally at 1:30 the doctor had the results -- I have hypothyroidism.  After Googling this, all the symptoms I've been experiencing are indeed inline with this.  It's not a serious condition and can easily be treated with medication.

On another note, Fred & Twila have left a day early and will be here this afternoon instead of tomorrow.  Can't wait to see them, plus it gives me a good excuse to procrastinate on some of the errands I was going to do today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.