Tuesday, November 8, 2016

7th travel day - again not much: Day 869 (Yr 3, Day 136)

Lebanon, TN

Once again, we got off to a later start than we hoped (left at 9:30) because when Mitch was hitching up, the king pin wasn't quite aligned at the right level and a pin came out of the hitch and the hitch became unaligned.  Fortunately, he was able to fix it without having to call in a tech, but it delayed us somewhat.  We arrived at our destination about 1:00.

During the drive, we hit a few spots of rain and a few spots of road construction (an aside: I remember when I first started driving decades ago and was so petrified to pass a truck.  Imagine what it's like driving our almost semi past a truck!  White knuckles, but I can do it!).  There were numerous trucks on the interstate today.  Again, similar scenery as yesterday, except the large city we passed was Nashville.  I didn't realize it was a city with skyscrapers!  Too bad we won't have time to visit there (we're also about 30 miles away).  We're out of farm country and now into mountain country.  Tomorrow we should be driving thru the Smokey Mountains.  It was probably really gorgeous here a few weeks ago.

I didn't have a chance to explore this campground (KOA) as I had a lot of work waiting for me when we settled in.  There was an adorable office and porch area.  Here's a photo of what greets you at the office:



It is, however, on a mountain and the sites are extremely uneven.  We didn't unhitch the truck so I'm getting vertigo when I move from the back to the front of the trailer! (you can't make it completely level when it's still connected).  It's only for overnight, so we'll manage.  We connected to the sewer so we could do our laundry.

Still complaining about how it's dark at 5:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.