Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Mitch Sez...

Mitch Sez...
Yes, I really exist, and I am NOT a figment of Cheryl's imagination. 

Travel Day 3 (none) - RD (Road-Date): RD2.322 (Day 687) 

If you think about it, (for those who actually know me!) it's really QUITE pathetic for someone like me who's been doing computer-geekie (tech stuff) since 1979, that I don't use Facebook, or a great deal of similar apps.

But occasionally I also comment on our trials and tribulations.  So I thought I'd post my latest one here too.
Please note that Cheryl and I do have different writing styles, and my RD2.322 date log was inspired by StarTrek's dating system.  However, since she runs most of  the blog, It was a losing battle to get her to adapt my date format, so it'll only be on my posts in the future

---my take:
Ehhh, 800 miles done, slightly under 1/2 the trip.
For those of you now wondering if we're really crazy and ready to quit RVing now, The answer is...
  • You have problems (like a broken/flooding hot water heater ) in REAL houses too, (we call 'em sticks & bricks)
  • Hopefully its something minor they can take care of fast and early tomorrow morning, so we can get some time on the road... 
And most importantly.  Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong WILL.  I say that
...Mr. Murphy was an optimist.  Ain't getting out this morning... MAYBE by Wed Night?
They did find ONE part not responding, looks like we get the $$$ piecemeal approach to fixing this. ONE part at a time, till it works, SIGH!

 Two Pictures: 

#1 (above) My poor Bull (named Ferdinand) and the CoW, about to  be towed.

#2 (below) Well, I'll be a durned NYC boy, but both Cheryl and I initially took a second look after seeing this..


Answer? Most likely for A big big big tractor.

When I was in Hendersonville, NC, I saw a  John Deere dealer that had mammoth tractors, combines, and such with these kind of tires.

Cheers to all, and to all a Good night from Peoria, IL
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Did they removed the Drive Shaft before the Bull was towed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kevin! I think of you often. Didn't know you were following the blog! Please send me a private email and catch me up on how you guys are doing!

    Yes, they definitely did remove the drive shaft and reinstalled it. What an ordeal this has been! But all part of the lifestyle, I suppose. Still loving our home on wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I followed forum posts as you guys were getting ready to fulltime and read your blog start to finish. Appreciated the perspective that there are problems in sticks and bricks homes. Some of which can't be put off till tomorrow. We have about three more years of planning before we take off. We plan to purchase a 5th wheel and dually truck. Torn between if we should look at a trailer in the 16,000 pound range or 19,500 which would have the heavier construction. Any opinion on that?

    We are figuring on at the most, a newer truck and a couple year old trailer if we go heavy. Then I wonder if it's better to start off with a 16,000 trailer (less expensive but new) with a good frame and then do all the upgrades if we decide fulltiming is working good for us.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.