Bismarck, ND
The lilacs are really starting to bloom. Here is a photo of just a small portion of the perimeter. Pretty soon the entire perimeter and all the bushes around the sites will look like these! I took a small branch to put in a glass on the counter. Loving the scent!Here are a few photos from our travels which were on my phone that I forgot to upload:
As I mentioned in a previous post, I really enjoyed visiting the rest areas in Iowa, as they were very theme based. The first one after we crossed the border from IL and crossing the Mississippi River, was a nautical theme because the area was a huge shipping port. IA is also known for it's high level of education, so another area was designed by students all over the state, with exhibits of their arts. As we approached western IA and farm country, this was my favorite rest area -- an actual converted barn!
![]() |
| They converted the upper level into a cafe |




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.