Friday, August 21, 2015

Update on the frig - Day 421 (Yr 2, Day 54)

Asheville, NC

Mitch's homemade remedy of Seran wrap and tape worked well to divert the flow of water to the outside of the rig rather than through the seams into the inside.  However, the leaking seemed to have stopped and by the morning the towels were still dry and there was no sign of water on the plastic.  I noticed there was about 1/2" of ice inside the freezer, so I'm thinking that must have caused the air flow to stop or at least had a lot to do with why it was leaking.  I defrosted the freezer this morning and so far, so good.  I called an RV mobile tech but they said it would be hard to diagnose the problem if they couldn't actually see a problem; it was better if it was still leaking so at least they could see where the leak was coming from.  So I guess we'll count our blessings for now and keep a close eye on it.

Oddly, I also felt a drop of water from the ceiling under the fluorescent light in the bedroom (while I was folding laundry).  I think that's right under where the a/c unit is.  I turned the a/c off for a while and it was fine.  I think I will have Mitch go up on the roof on Sunday and clean out the vents as I'm sure it hasn't been cleaned in the 8 years of the rig's life.

We were going to invite a friend from shul over, but I decided to give her a rain check.  I explained that although it was shallow and insane of me, I felt it was too much pressure to get the house ready (scrubbing, vacuuming, etc) for guests, in light of how much work I had to do and not being sure what the water situation would be like.  Now I feel very bad.  I mean, I could care less what other people's homes look like - the messier, the more lived in!  So why do I demand perfection of myself?  I know people won't judge me if there's a little clutter laying around or if the floor isn't perfectly swept or mopped (in fact, I bet most people wouldn't even notice).  I guess that's one more character trait I need to work on.  But one thing at a time.  So far I've come a long way with needing to plan things to the minute, and I've gained about 75% patience.  Ok, maybe only 50%, but still a bit more patience than I used to have.

Although it was hard, I managed to open the day shade all the way (needed to tape it to keep it from falling.  One of these days we'll have to move the couch out so we can get to the mechanics and tighten it).  Anyway, our back window faces the river, and it's really lovely to have this great view whenever I walk into the downstairs area.  Sorry the photo isn't that great.  Hopefully it's enough to get the idea though.  Eh, maybe not - you really can't see the river with all the glare in the photo. Guess you'll have to trust me that most of the white area is actually running water.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.