Sunday, August 23, 2015

Around town - Day 423 (Yr 2, Day 56)

Asheville, NC

First, I have to say that I hate fruit flies!!!  We seem to be infested with them again.  I'm able to drown a few in a glass of wine vinegar, but not enough of them.  I suppose it could be worse (like roaches or snakes!)  Still - just so annoying!

This morning Mitch was up on the roof trying to figure out the cause of the leak thru the light fixture in the bedroom.  It was confirmed that it's directly under the a/c.  He's pretty sure he needs to remove the unit as he didn't see anything around it to caulk.  Just like with the frig, he made a diversion system so any water coming from the unit will be redirected off the roof.  Meanwhile, I did call a mobile RV tech but they may not be able to come out until next Friday.  I guess we'll just have to survive without ice and a/c in the bedroom for a few days.  Then again, the bedroom leak isn't that great so I can probably run it for a little while.

Today we visited the WNC (Western No. Carolina) farmer's market, which seems almost equivalent to the other state run one in Raleigh, although I think Raleigh is a bit nicer aesthetically.  One building was dedicated to private vendors and little shoppes, most of who sold either crafts, cheese, wine or canning jars of jam or peaches or relishes or sauces.  Then there was the huge area where the farm stands were.  It must not be full growing season yet, as the predominant produce (90% of what was there) were watermelons and peaches, with a few tomatoes and peppers.  I was a little disappointed that there wasn't all that much to choose from.

We then found a Dollar Tree nearby, in a section called Asheville Outlets - a large indoor and outdoor mall with all the upscale mall type stores.  It looked like a nice walking layout, but not my cup of tea.  I prefer more rustic, locally owned mom & pop type stores in the area.  The arts district and downtown area are like that.  Hopefully we'll (or should I say I because Mitch works in those areas) get a chance to explore further.  I know there's a trolley tour downtown which we're hoping to go on.  Maybe next Sunday?  Ah, we all know about plans!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.