Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Day 125 of the Journey - Garner, NC

Overview: Great weather, blood work, Froyo and shopping


Yet another phenomenally gorgeous day.  Clear blue skies, warm -- I actually wore shorts today!  Interestingly, though, we need to start the day with the heat on because it's so cold.  It warms up around 11:00.  It would have been a great day to go swimming, had there been a place to do so nearby.

Did some work until noon, then went out walking for a little while.  When I returned, we went out for me to get some blood work done for the hematologist (wanted to follow up from the iron and blood transfusions 12 weeks ago).  I went to the nearest lab (7 miles away) and after signing in, was told that they can't do testing from an out of state doctor!  I can understand not filling narcotic prescriptions, but what's the big deal with taking blood, especially since they'd fax or email the results anyway???  So we landed up having to go to a Labcorp which is a national lab - 10 miles away in the other direction.  No problem there except there was ONE person who worked there.  One.  She was the receptionist, secretary, did the intake, took the blood and other samples, processed it, and has to send the reports.  I was lucky that there was only 1 person ahead of me.  I can't imagine what a full house would be like for her.

Afterwards we stopped off for some Froyo frozen yogurt (ate at the table outside the store) and then stopped at the supermarket for a few groceries. 

1 comment:

  1. UGHH on the LabCorp. Our insurance changed this year and we were stuck with them too. One person ran the whole show in our town, just like you said happened to you. I had taken the time to make an appointment, but that was just a WASTE of my time because I arrived to a room of about 30 people waiting and they were not honoring appointments. After 90 minutes and only 4 people being called back for blood draws I left.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.