Friday, October 10, 2014

Day 107 of the Journey - Garner, NC

Last night was almost exciting.  While eating dinner, we saw out the window that our next door neighbor, Chris, was flying his model helicopter.  That caught our interest (and it was a good excuse to start up a conversation) so after dinner we went outside to join him.  We schmoozed for a while (he and his wife, Theresa, have been full timing for 16 years and they have every "toy" imaginable and an awesome rig pulled by a freightliner truck (which has it's own living area) and which carries their smart car).  Suddenly, very excitedly, Theresa came outside, announcing that the app for the ISS (Int'l Space Station) sent out an alert that it was going to be passing overhead within 10 minutes!  We all got very excited, watching it's track from Mexico on Chris' ipad, and watching the sky.  Unfortunately, it must have either been behind the trees or behind us, as we didn't see anything, and then the ipad showed it was over Maine.  Oh well.  We'll have to get that app so we can watch out for it in the future.

Today we (Mitch) spent most of the morning troubleshooting the internet.  He discovered some plugs unplugged and needed to upgrade some drivers on my PC.  We still can't get the Millenicom to work properly with the Go2, but that's for another day.  At least I can plug it directly into my machine if Mitch is out and we can't connect via his phone's hotspot.  Once I got online, I did some work (updating my LinkedIn profile and trying to find new ways to market my services.  I really need more clients!).

More excitingly, I got a message from one of my fellow RV-Dreamers who lives not too far from our campground and invited us to meet.  We agreed to meet up for lunch on Sunday.  I'm really excited to meet someone in my "family!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.