Monday, October 20, 2014

Day 117 of the Journey - Garner, NC

Overview: Babka, shopping for winter clothes, dentist, decision to stay in NC


Guess I didn't write for a few days.  Nothing too eventful going on.  The highlight was seeing Jess & Griffin on Saturday, although we just hung out at the house.  She made an awesome babka (Jewish chocolate cake) and kosher chicken for me.

Jess's delicious babka!

Sunday was another shopping day:  Goodwill to fill in on some warmer clothing as it doesn't look like we'll be getting to our storage locker until the spring, and Walmart for a pair of slippers and new moccasins for Mitch.

Today I had another dentist appt.  It was a new patient intake, to see what's going on in my mouth and develop a treatment plan (last time was an emergency). I need some cleaning done, a crown, and some cavities filled.  Then we filled the propane tank which ran out and came back home.  Mitch did some more work on the roof, and I started harvesting the pecans from the tree in our front yard which are starting to ripen and fall.  Here's today's collection:

Today's pecan gathering

Mitch hasn't had many new jobs lately.  I did just get a small one in (which I hope can lead to more stuff), an inquiry from a current client (= work!) and an interview scheduled for Monday from an RFP I bid on.  Things really need to pick up, as we're digging into our savings faster than I want.

We did decide that we're staying here until after Thanksgiving.  Myrtle Beach (and many other places to explore) require more walking than I'm able to do in one shot.  Best to wait for our urb-e's to arrive.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.