Thursday, June 19, 2014

Bad news


I'm too distressed to post the details right now, but looks like things are heading south.  Long story short, buyer lost her job 2 days before the last closing date.  Wonder why no one said anything all this time -- 10 days ago!!  She owns a business that has cash and assets and is asking for a 10 day extension to get another commitment; otherwise she will definitely be denied if we close on Monday (June 23).

Meanwhile, after 10 days in FL, living in someone's driveway we are considered squatters.  We were given an extension based on a closing date of Monday, but since that's not happening, we need to pack up and move out asap.

So the current plan is to stay with Mitch's brother who lives about 7 hours from here (also in FL) and wait out the next 10 days.  If we give them the extension, the caveat is that they automatically lose their deposit without our having to litigate for it.  Plus pay any expenses we've incurred by having moved out of the house for the first closing date.

Oh well, guess I gave the details anyway!  I guess we were very premature in (1) moving out of the S&B (although I don't see we had much of a choice at the time); (2) becoming FL residents and declaring our domicile; (3) moving into the RV without having paid for it - based on the assumption it would only be a few days, not 10 days plus another 10 now.  And also premature by starting this blog.  Should have kept posting in Part I, since Part II really hasn't started.

Next set of prayers is that we don't need to put the house back on the market.

I think I will now go and cry myself to sleep and hope that the sun comes out in the morning.

UPDATE:  RV sellers said not to do anything rash yet.  We will all sit down and talk tomorrow and see what we can work out.

4 comments:

  1. That's awful! I'm so sorry to hear that. We'll still hope it works out. If not, let's hope it all falls in to place for you. Not a fun place to be in. We're on the market now too and I also hope this phase will go quickly. Good thoughts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cheryl. My prayers are with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pray Cheryl, PRAY! I SEND MINE FOR YOUR SUCESSFUL CLOSING! Some time God wants us to make sure all is in order so it don't go up in smoke. It will happen as we keep working toward the gosl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel so horrible for you. I had the same thing happen to me. I sold my house as I was moving 100miles away for a new job. We were to close on a Mon (bad luck day I guess) and we moved out over the weekend. My house had a swimming pool and it was mid summer in Ca so you know how hot it was. Water had to be added almost every day to keep from burning up the pump for the filter.
    On Mon, I got a call saying the mortgage was not being funded because the purchasers didn't have enough income...how it got this far I have no idea. My options were to re-list the home, or extend escrow until they could get their wealthy parents, who were traveling in Europe (must be nice) to co-sign on the loan.
    I decided to take a chance and extend the loan. I found a short term renter and prayed it would work out. The day after the renter moved in the central air conditioning went out and it had to be fixed. The escrow company agreed to pay for the new air and take it out of the loan funds as I had no way of paying it.
    Long story short, my renters moved out after 6 weeks and I had to make one more house payment before it FINALLY closed.
    I know it will work out for you, but it's going to try your patience to the max.
    I'm praying for you and I think the owners of the RV know you are good people caught in a bad situation and will help you out until you get it settled.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.