Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Update on health - Day 1966 (Year 6, Day 140)

Zephyrhills, FL

I'm still experiencing what the dr. alleges to be asthma attacks (can't get enough air into my lungs).  The inhaler does work, but it makes me feel very lightheaded and dizzy.  I don't feel that the steroids or antibiotics worked at all.

Went to the dr for a follow-up yesterday.  He put me on another type of inhaler (Symbicort) and anti-histamine, and scheduled me for a chest x-ray (today) and pulmonary function test (11/22) with follow up with the pulmonologist (12/3).  Dr. is now leaning towards a diagnosis of COPD, but I don't know where I would get that from as I'm not a smoker (quit in 1992) and am not around other smokers, although dr. explained it could be dormant from years ago.  I guess the tests will tell.  This is all very new to me.  I'm thinking it may be more of an allergy.  When I suggested this, dr. said he wanted to explore lung problems first and if everything is negative, then he'll recommend seeing an allergist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.